Hello everyone ! I am in kenya. I have been here for about 2 weeks now. I willl tell you all i can bear to type on my phone since that is my way i have internet right now. Getting here was long, it took at least a day after everything was said and done. I watched some movies on the plane so that was fun.
Kenya is very beautiful, the land is open and the birds are colorful. Coming to where i am staying i saw gerafts, zebras, buffalo, elephants and baboons. I live now with a host family . They are really nice and most people in the house speak english. The people who dont are those who do house and field work. Also outside the house on the land in a small house lives the nephew of the family. He with lives his wife and their 1 year old who hates white people. I am not kidding.
the other day he tried to spit on me and my host sister told me he knew what he was doing. He cried the 1st time he saw me so i am making headways.
I have 2 sisters ages 21 and 9 and a 12 year old brother. The 9 year old calls her self michelle because of michelle obamba. The 21 year old is in nairobi now for school but i got to meet her before she left. The project i willl be working on for 6 weeks will be with camps who market to tourists. I hope also to go with a mobile hospital with my host mama. She makes really good food and makes sure i have my fill. I have been learning swahili slowly. I have an outhouse toilet and my house runs on solar power but the battery is not workin so pretty much no power but to charge cell phones. Everyone has one. Oh one last note people might enjoy. . .chuck norris is big here! I’ll try to blog soon.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
haha yea jenny told me about the baby who's afraid of white ppl...but yea i guess he flat out hates white ppl. i hope you can protect yourself from the sassy 1 yr old! oh and i liked how you spelled giraffes so i left it alone. :) turns out im off on wed, ill be calling you then!!!
I am sure that you are a lot bigger than that kid, so try not to be afraid!
Glad to see that you host mama is making sure you eat. Now I won't have to worry about your mother worrying about that.
love the blog.
Wooo, outhouse ! Good to hear the majority of your host family is accepting. I find that very interesting that a 1 year old hates white people. He had to learn it from somewhere. Babies arent born with prejudice behavior. Glad to here you are getting along alright.
Hi John. AJ sent the link to your blog. What a fantastic opportunity to learn about other cultures. You're certain to have many unbelievable experiences. Great that you can share them in a blog. Take care and enjoy. - AJ's Mom
John,
I hope all is well and keep us informed on all of the animals you see. I hope the one-year old kid learns to like you soon, since you will know him for a while. Describe what kind of food you are eating too and how it compares to italian. haha- talk to you later- merry christmas!
-Jonathan
Post a Comment