Sunday, February 8, 2009
So I think I will try to blog about every 2 weeks since that is how often I think I will be able to get to a computer. So watched Obama it was really exciting I loved that I noticed a lot of the sceneries from visits with Tom. There was a good turnout to watch but not a ton of people but I think some places were pretty crowded on Kenya. I saved the newspaper from the next day. Didn’t get to see the superbowl and know little about it my brother, Tom is sending it to the game so please don’t tell me anything if you have send me anything about the game please tell me so I don’t read it. I plan is to have a superbowl with some PCVs soon when I get the game. Lately my project has been working on finding ways to clear the land so water can get down the hill. This grass called nipior(I think that is the spelling) was introduced. I helps with land erosion and it is all great free for cows. This big since everyone farms here, it something hard to have them understand how I know little about farming. I went to a funeral this last week it was for 14 year old girl that had been born with some physical problems. I didn’t know her. I was really touched to see everyone (male) at the funeral took and turn to bury her. Pallbearers are whoever says they are strong enough, but may not be super close to the person that died. There was such I great sense of community. There has also been researchers from Finland here and have are studying Figis(African holy lands). It has been really interesting learning from them. I when to no place where I saw a huge waterfall and human skulls of respected elders.There were some random things I though I would share about my day to day life. It is not uncommon to find people with 8-10 children but this going lower like the U.S. these days. I have found 2 young neighbors that are afraid of me, so I have some work to do. Animals are everywhere not just monkeys I see dogs and chicken walking around my yard everyday! I am now working in 2nd grade in Swahili but really my not completely pass 1st grade but it is getting better. This weekend I have been in Voi seeing 2 Peace Corps friends nothing big but it nice to catch up in some things I can’t do up the hill! Hope everyone is going well I always love hearing from you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment