Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Trip to south africa.
So just when i thought my life could not get any more random it did..so i couple of weeks ago i tried to get people together to plant trees bc there was 2 visitors one from state of IN and italy. I pictured it as having the community getting together excited to meet visitors, that as well as most things did not go as planned. We ended up planting but only really with the tree nursey groups. I carried this big bag of trees but didnt realize how far it was i would be walking with them and they dont call this place the taita hills for nothing! Half way i had even switched bags for a lighter one with someone and i am the kind of person that does like to do things like that bc i like to be that manly man! Be time i got to the tree planting site i was pretty tired but had some water and i was good to go, i thought...the next day my leg didnt feel right and there was a popping but nothing painful. I called pc medical and told them about it and they told me to come to nairobi. I thought maybe i should just give it a week this might heal thinking i might be being a baby about all of this but didnt. So i have been in nairobi this last weekend seeing the doctor getting x rays and MRIs. There has been a lot of waiting for answers. But in the end i have a level 3 tare in my meniskus in knee. This can only be fixed with surgery. I will be going to south africa to get it done. I will be there for 2 weeks for recovery. However it will take 6 weeks to heal. I am in wongonyi now. Monday i will leave for nairobi, tuesday i will be briefed on where i will go in south africa(as well as tons of other details) and wednesday morning i go the south africa. Surgery should be on thursday. As some of you are already aware of a lot of this ,i thank you already for all your thoughts and prayers. I am in good hands here and getting to south africa there is also a peace corps south africa that am sure will help me in anyway needed. I will not be able to know this until i get there but i hope to find use of a lan line since i hear Skype is only 2 cents per min when using a lan line.(having you calling me using the Skype). I will mostly likely be using the number 0715393697 for cell phone. I will try to keep all of you posted on what is happening. It is very great to know how many people are with me in thoughts and prayer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
John, we are definitely with you in thought and prayer. We wish you a speedy recovery! I hope the nurses are extra good to you.
Post a Comment