Monday, August 31, 2009
Kenyan time
So things having been going good since I blogged last. I have been getting back into the swing of things. I went to my first village soccer game it was pretty fun. People get pretty are excited. My village won with a huge come back 3-2.I have also been meeting with my counterpart a good amount this last week catching up and taking about the way forward. Eco-tourism should be taking off. We are hoping this to talk about training the some of the people to do tours. Next week I will be part of a meeting were the woman will show their traditional dancing and I will talk about eco-tourism(this will be when Erica is here!). I think people need to know what is going on in the project more so I trying to help with that. I found this place that used to be a bible college. It had a pool(very small) and a fire place even and lodging. Long story short it has not been used for over 10 years. I guess they trying to get it running. I am hoping maybe for tourism but we will be. This last weekend I was in Voi for my friend's (PVC) going away party. I am really going to miss her see was always super nice and would let me stay in her extra room. The party was super fun lots of Kenyans, Europeans and PCVs.I met new pcvs in my area too. I did some good networking. Coming back up I went to a driver at 10:40 and asked, "what time will the car go up?" He replied ,"11".He told me I would have enough time to go to lunch. I went to lunch then went shopping and took my time saying good byes. It was about 12:30 and the car as I figured did go up yet...at 3 o clock it goes up. It was a long day of doing nothing! Then today I had a meeting with the fish farmers to make a Constitution for the group and that started an hour late. With them is is good we agreed you can only be 30 min late or else you will be fined. So I had another meeting today at 2 with some ladies that want help selling produce. I got there are 2:20 thinking I am maybe late....Nope! No one has come....I go have lunch and then go sit but a tree and wait. One lady comes up any asks about the meeting and I tell her no one has come. About 4:15 the lady who organized the meeting comes. I go and greet her and she is a little surprised not to see anyone. She says to me ,"these ladies are not very serious I think we will have to reschedule." I love Kenya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment