Monday, March 16, 2009
A happy birthday
So I have been in Voi this last weekend for my birthday. It was a great weekend. I started it by going to this nice place were I was able to see elephants(The view was great!). I got some awesome pictures! There was maybe 8 to 10. It didn’t cost anything thing to go there but I had a drink and man was it expensive (by Kenyan standards that is) .One of my friends made birthday cake which was really good , while getting sung to of course. I then went to a restaurant and had roasted goat. I didn’t think it was the best and the people I was with (3 PCV, one Britain volunteer and 2 Norway volunteers) said they had better at the place. After that it was like 11pm and people were ready to go home, but somehow on the end we desided to go out till 4:00 am! That is the latest I have been out in Kenya by far. I guess things never close but they will die down at 5 am(Things close in my town about 8 or 9pm). So that was birthday one…Day 2 (the 15th) started with a nice called from home which was a great surprise to even more of a surprise I got talk to my Aunt Kathy. I also found my Cousin Steve is now engaged congratulations! It really sucks that I will miss 4 cousins of mine will getting married in these 2 years. That night I went over to a nice man’s house in Voi. He made a good Kenyan meal (Ugali, green gram, rice and meat). We played this game that was like jenga(also in Swahili means to built) but it was with sticks. This night was spent with 3 other Kenyans, the Britain volunteer and a man from Egypt. And Aj and Christine I told him about us wanting to visit maybe he could help…I also got sung to again.I got calls from my brother, Tom and Smitha and Sister, Jenny and Ross. It was such a great weekend. I thank everyone for making it was special with texts, phone calls, e-mail, facebook messages and the people here in Kenya! The weekend had a little bit of everything ,it was really nice. So my awesome girlfriend Erica will be coming to visit in September and I am just counting down the days! I also wrote I blog last weekend on someone else’s computer so as soon as I get it sent to me I will get it posted. I think I am going to stay at my site for a few weeks because have been traveling a lot lately. Thanks for an awesome birthday everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment