Monday, March 2, 2009

Hey guys sorry it has been awhile since I bloged but I have not been by a computer for sometime now. I have been busy with Swahili since I will me tested my it in April. I think I will be ready up I still need to study more. Lately I have been going to the class grade schoolers and high schools. It has been fun to tell them about America they all know the president! I greet them ,”good afternoon class” and they all respond,” good afternoon sir”. The student were wear uniforms just like my Marian days… How I don’t miss them…! As I walked in to the room with all the high schoolers they sang a song religious sung. It was in English or course because teachers can’t teach in Swahili past 8th grade. I have also been walking to the village asking them what they are wanting to selling to other village. In Wongonyi there are 4 villages the farthest one is an hour and a half walk. This is a lot of what I found out don’t worry about the coding I asked them
What crops, livestock trades would you like your community to have? I and they said: ( So for those people who wonder what people do in my village do here you go
X-means very important * means important that is all you need to know and even I don’t know what some of these thing are yet!)
Crops:
Avocado 1,3
Passion Fruit 1,2,3
Bean(3*)
peas 1,2,3
Irish Potatoes 1,2,(3XXX)
Cassava 1
Kales 1,2,(3**)
Sweet Potatoes 1
Onion 1(2**)
Tomato 1(2***)(3**)
Spinach 1,2,3
Bananas 1(2*)
Carrot (2),3
Cabbage (2**),(3*)
Sweet Peppers(2*)
Egg plant 2
Chinese Cabbage 2
Baby Moro3
Macadamia 3
Sunflower 3
Israel Banana 3*
Lettuce 3
Oranges 3
Lemon 3
Maize 3*X
Amarantha

Livestock:
Local Chicken 1(2*)(3*)
Rabbit 13
Dairy Goat 1(2**)(3**X)
Dairy Cow 1(2*)(3**X)
Beef Cow 1
Sheep1(problems with breed Mrangi)(3X**)
Fish faming 1
Tree. Fruit nursery 1
Bee 2
Duck 3
Pig 3*

Trades
Baskets 1
Sell egg(2*)
Sell meat 2
Honey
Dairy Shop(2*)(3***)
Getting one seller to go to sell for others
AI 3
Aggravate shop (3**)
Cereal Board(3*)
Carpentry 3
Welder 3
Hotel (3*)
Ecotourism 3
This weekend 7 of us PCV got together and watched the Superbowl. It was fun but I was the most into the game of course. That Superbowl was crazy thanks again Tom for sending that! We had cheese, crackers and mac and cheese. It was a treat because most of us including me with have cheese in our village. Well I think need to getting going to bed since it is 4pm in IL which means it is very late here! Thanks for reading!

No comments: