Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reader of the Lost Blog

I wrote this about a week ago.

So a lot has been going on since my last blog. Last Tuesday I started working with a Kenyan. She just graduated college and will be doing pretty much the same work as I will be. She is staying in Wongonyi for 4 months. It is kinda like an internship for her. She seems really nice and down to earth. She is from Voi.

I have been near Mombasa since Thursday (a huge city on the coast of Kenya) to learn Swahili and will leave tomorrow. We had a Peace Corps teacher to teach Swahili. I have learned a lot this weekend. I also have a LONG way to go in Swahili. I have been staying at a PCV's house and there are TONS of monkeys and baboons here. There have been times I have seen 20 in the same place! They also have babies that will ride on them as they come by. I was studying outside a few days and 26 baboons were counted! I took some pictures today so they will come soon... I was really frustrated because Iwas trying to take pics of the monkeys and they kept running away, then after the camera died they just sat there posing for me! It was really nice to see some friends too I have not seen in awhile. We had some good times this weekend. So today in Mombasa I got to eat a chicken, egg and cheese sandwich. It was good there was a TV in the restaurant and the people were watching the Steve Harvey show. There is a lot of American culture here it is interesting. Oh so there are some Canadians coming soon to my village to help with micro financing.

Next weekend I think I am going to Voi for mybirthday I think I am going to try to have another volunteer show me a place where I can see more animals! After that I will stay up in the hill for a while because I have been doing a lot of traveling lately. Well some us are going to watch Happy Gilmore. Thanks as aways for reading!

1 comment:

Hazel Mae said...

Hahaha... nice. I can picture you trying to get the monkeys to pose for you while hunched over your digital. PRICELESS!